Wednesday, May 14, 2014

God Bless My Child With Contentment

Paul said to Timothy, “Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.” (1 Timothy 6:6-8)

He, also, said, “Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5-6)

Our media encourages listeners to believe that they can have it all but Paul encourages us to be content with what we have. Father, bless my son with the contentment of Paul!  As he grows through those “I want” years, noticing all those things he does not have, may he have a special understanding and attitude of contentment.

As he begins career training and begins to work, help him to be a balanced man, knowing the difference between his wants and his needs.

Paul said to be free from the love of money and be pleased with what we have, so help me to model this before him during these formative years.

I want to show him my trust in You. You are the Provider of all my needs. I will serve You where I am and will trust You to bring all things together for my good.

I can rest, free of worry, and be satisfied knowing You are with me. May my son possess the same confidence in Your promises.

In the Name of Jesus---Amen
Additional reading---Philippians 4:11, Hebrews 13:5, Ecclesiaste 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment