Tuesday, May 20, 2014

God Bless My Child With Wisdom

My parents still pray for me and for my family. They do not come to the Lord with quick “Bless them, Lord” prayers but they take specific requests to Him till the evidence of His response is recognized. 

 They are sensitive to our needs and are watchful for matters of prayer. They have prayed with me for the needs of my kids, everything from sickness to college choices. There is no request too large or too small for the Lord. I have been the subject of prayer and I have experienced the answers.

God Bless My Child With Wisdom
Father, Solomon speaks of wisdom as a person; a person who will promote you and bring you honor when she is embraced; who will place ornaments of grace on your head and she will deliver you.

“Get wisdom! Get understanding! . . . Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; Love her, and she will keep you . . . Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.” (Proverbs 4:5-7)

Above all that I ask for my child, may he be blessed with this wisdom. James tells us that if we lack wisdom, we can ask You and You will give it liberally and without reproach (James 1:5) and this not just for my child, Lord, but I ask for myself. How can one walk in this world and raise a family without this precious gift? Grant an abundant supply to help me through the days of teaching these treasures of the heart to my child.

Grant my son a limitless supply and the ability to hear the voice of wisdom calling when he is greeted by the lust of the flesh and the attacks of the deceiver. May he heed her warnings in his youth and give ear to the voices of his teachers; may he follow the instruction of the wise and find favor in the sight of God and man.

May the blessings of wisdom follow him all of his days; blessings of long life and peace, favor and high esteem, guidance and good health, strength and happiness,riches and honor, sweet sleep and the absence of fear (Proverbs 3).

Lord, may he keep Your instruction close to his heart for it is life and health for him. May wisdom be the principle thing. Thank you for this valuable gift.

In the name of Jesus---Amen


Additional reading: Exodus 31:3, 2 Chronicles 1:10-12, Psalm 111:10, Proverbs 3:13, Proverbs 8:11

No comments:

Post a Comment