Thursday, May 8, 2014

God Bless My Child With Abundance

 Father, You are the God of abundance; abundant in mercy and grace; able to do much more than what we could think or ask for.  I desire to see abundant provision in my child’s life; a well so deep it cannot be measured.
 

Help me to teach him Your principle to “honor You with his wealth, with his first fruits of all his crops so his barns will be full to overflowing.” (Proverbs 3:9-10)

 Help me to teach him Your principle to “give and it will be given to you.” (Luke 6:38)

 Help him to capture the full meaning of these truths, applying them not just to finances but in giving of forgiveness, giving of mercy, giving understanding, and giving of patience.

 Help me to show him Your faithfulness through my obedience in giving so that I may demonstrate in our home that Your Word is a faithful Word, one that cannot be shaken or proven untrustworthy.

 May he not lack in food, shelter, or clothing; love, encouraging words, or a warm embrace.  May he not lack in God-loving friends, honorable teachers, or a Kingdom family.

 May there be no lack in perfect health, safety to his body, or a constant hedge securing the perimeter of his mind.

 Your Word says that You reward those who diligently seek you (Hebrews 11:6). My first desire is that my child know You; that You draw him to Yourself and that he acquire a holy, intimate relationship with You.

 May he always have seed to sow.

 I desire that his life show Glory to God. Teach him early about abundance and the responsibility of such a gift.  May he, in turn, become the teacher, declaring You as the “more than enough God!”

 In the Name of Jesus---Amen


Additional reading: Psalm 37:11, Psalm 65:11, Psalm 72:7, 2 Corinthians 9:8, 1 Peter 1:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment