Sunday, April 27, 2014

God Bless My Child with Strength and Success

Lord, when I read about the strong men of old, I see that their strength always manifested from obedience.  The physical strength of Samson was obtained from obeying the vows set for him.   The strength and victories of men like Joshua and David were accomplished by being obedient to the instruction of God.

So, in asking for strength and success for my child, I pray that he will have an obedient heart.  I ask for a heart that will be sensitive to the voice of his God.

I will teach him from an early age to obey Your voice before listening to the voice of man.

I will show him the rewards of obedience by recognizing the blessings around us.

I will speak of the value and completeness of serving our Creator, the One who knows us better than we know ourselves.

May my child have success everywhere he goes.   May everything he touches bring forth a bountiful harvest of reward and provision.

Each day he wakes, may he be aware of the present strength of the Lord for each task ahead.

“The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1) As we walk forward by Your instruction, we recognize that You are our strength.  There will be nothing to fear when Your Word has been sent before us.  It has made preparation for our arrival.

We shall wait on You, Oh, Lord, and be of good courage, and You will strengthen our heart; Wait on the Lord! (Psalm 27:14)

In the name of Jesus---Amen


Additional reading---Exodus 15:2, 2 Samuel 22:3, Psalm 28:7, Psalm 84:5, Proverbs 10:29

No comments:

Post a Comment