Friday, April 25, 2014

God Bless My Child With Pleasant Speech

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, Oh Lord, my strength and my redeemer.” Psalm 19:14

Father, I have always thought that the beauty of a person is determined only after one has heard them speak . . . beauty to ashes when filth spews from the mouth.

I ask for my child to have the speech of a trained and disciplined orator.

I ask for my child to have the disposition of a kind and gentle servant.

I ask for my child to have the boldness of a warrior man of God.

I ask that the words that come from his mouth be words of encouragement, strength, and  hope.

May his words be sought after because they are filled with wisdom.

May words of gossip and slander never pass his lips.

Help him to always have keep praise in his heart. Your Word says that “out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” (Matthew 12:34)  So from his mouth may there be evidence of Your presence that resides within.

All that would cause him to spill forth righteousness, I ask for him. May he be found, as David, worshipping his King. May the praises of his mouth bring You glory and leave the enemy defenseless.

May he create unity in an atmosphere of chaos; bringing order around him.

Help me to create an atmosphere of praise in our home and continually release words from a heart of honor to You.

Lord, You are worthy of our praise. May my words and meditation be acceptable to you.

In the Name of Jesus---Amen


Additional reading---Psalm 37:30, Psalm 39:1, Proverbs 8:7-8, Proverbs 16:24, Ephesians 4:29, Ephesians 6:19

No comments:

Post a Comment